Mummy's Birthday

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Hello! I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted! I have been keeping up on hopping - more or less - but just didn't get a chance to post anything.

It was my mum's birthday on friday past and I thought I'd use it as an excuse to use one of my new stamps that I've had for ages but have yet to use (can you believe that I have the gorjuss girls stamp set from Sugar Nellie and it's still in the plastic wrapper! Shameful I know but I just haven't had time to get stuck into them this month - I'm really looking forward to it though!)

Anyway, the stamp I used was the gorgeous Blossom Fairy Charlotte from Whiff of Joy and I thought why not use the gorgeous sketch from Whiff of Joy to go with it!!

So here's my card:

Photobucket

And the sketch:

Photobucket

I glittered the wings and flower to bring them out a bit without going too heavy on the colour. This makes the card also fit the challenge set this week from ABC which is G for Glitter!

Photobucket

I coloured the image with my Pro-markers. The papers I used are from DCWV Once Upon A Time stack. I cut the wording out with my ROBO, This fit Cute Card Thursday's challenge to make a card for a member of your family.

Photobucket

I was so late making the card - it was actually the day of her birthday before I was able to make it and everyone was waiting for me before they would give her her presents. For that reason, the inside is pretty rubbish! Here's a pic anyway!

Photobucket

I think I'm beginning to get fairly caught up on everything for now - but it's coming very close to when I have to make more wedding invitations, this time for my best friend, so I'll be back to having no time - but march is hectic for family/friend birthdays so hopefully it won't be just as bad.

I'm now also going to try to move my craft room around a bit. It's OK the way it is at the minute - I just fancy a change!

I'll be back tomorrow with more cards!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, this is such a lovely card. the glitter fits perfectly!

Riet said...

woww Sheena,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x