A wedding card - in blue!!

Wednesday 18 March 2009

I was asked by my cousin to make a wedding card for a friend. She had recieved her invitation which was navy blue (you should never make your invitations the same colour as your bridesmaids dresses!) and she wanted her card to correspond by making it in lighter blues.
I said ok straight away, and then I thought - what do I have that is suitably weddingy, in blue???
I have loads in reds, and golds, and creams, and silvers and browns - but no blues!!

So I had a hoke, and found a gorgeous DCWV paper that I've had for ages (one of those ones that you don't really want to use, so I had convinced myself that it didn't go with anything!!) So I decided to use that one patterned paper and lots of plain paper!

This is what I came up with:

Photobucket

I followed this sketch from Cute Card Thursday:

Photobucket

Isn't that a fantastic sketch! When I saw it I knew I had to use it!! They also want you to make your card a celebration card - well, you celebrate a wedding don't you! So also a big happy birthday to CCT as they are 1 year old this week!

I used a concoction of different things to make up the wee flower, a paper flower that I had in my stash (and can't remember where I got it), a pretty flower brad thing from dove craft and one of my wee heart charms that I have loads of from Club Green.

Here's a close up:

Photobucket

And lastly, here's the inside:

Photobucket

I'm also back to my old background! I thought I'd celebrate St. Paddy's day in style, but it left my blog kinda hard to read, so it feels good to be home!!

Have a good day all!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Spyder said...

Sshhh-Sheena I love this card, it's so beautiful! Any one receiving this will be thrilled! So much detail...

cardsandacuppa said...

Lovely take on the sketch, I love that you have made the sentiment the main focus,
Hugs Sarah-Jane x

Deb said...

This is absolutely stunning, love it!
Thank you so much for joining in the birthday challenge! Have a great evening, hugs Debx

Ruby said...

There's an award on my blog for you :o)

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning card - I love the flower and the sentiment. V elegant indeed

Rach said...

Stunning Sheena, hugs rachxx