I haven't used this in ages!

Saturday 4 April 2009

My mum sponsored my cousin who made her confirmation and she wanted me to make a bookatrix for her - I haven't done a bookatrix in donkeys ages so I said ok. To tell the truth, I'd sort of gone off bookatrixes, I think there's only a limited amount you can do with them (although I'm sure some of you v talented blogger out there could prove me v wrong!)
I picked out some lovely papers and got going - and I thoroughly enjoyed making it! I was really pleased with how it turned out - and I'd never attached a charm to one before and I think that really made it!

Here it is:

Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the charm with a little cluster of beads that I put together:

Photobucket

I think making a box for a card really makes it too - and you sort of have to with a bookatrix!

Photobucket

Photobucket

She also wanted a money wallet to go along with the card, so I made this:

Photobucket

This is it opened out:

Photobucket

And here's the whole ensemble:

Photobucket

I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to do much more to blog as I'm staying at home to help my mum and I don't know how much time I'll have to make anything. I'll try my best though!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Bev said...

Gorgeous! Love the soft sublte colours and images hun x

iReneM said...

Wow, a fantastic project, Sheena!!!
I love your choice of pretty paper and have to agree, the beads and charm are a lovely addition.
x

Spyder said...

This is a lovely bookatrix Sheena, I love the detail and the little charm.
((Lyn))

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful collection, looks fabulous, hugs rachxx

Riet said...

ohhh woww Sheena,what a beautiful book,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Saskia said...

Oooooh.... so sweet and lovely!! Great and beautiful work!!

Greetings,
Saskia