A card for a very sad day...

Monday 20 April 2009

A school friend of my 12 year old sister was tragically killed when she was hit by a car last week, and my mum thought it would be nice to send a card from Rachael. What do you make??!!
I thought about an angel, and I knew it would have to be muted colours. I didn't have an appropriate angel and Rachael wanted me to use my pro-markers.

This is what I came up with:

Photobucket

I found it really hard to do such a plain card, but I know I couldn't add anything more.

I left the inside very plain so as the words would mean more:

Photobucket

She wrote: "Our friendship was short, but the memories will last forever". This was what my friend wrote on a card to me when my little brother died when I was 15 (he was 19 months) - those words say so little but mean so much.
I hope that it brings some comfort to the family when they look back through their cards over time.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Perfect card and perfect words Sheena
Hugs Susie xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sheena,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Andria said...

Totally fitting and i'm sure it will give great comfort.

Anonymous said...

oh Sheena, your card is perfect hun, and so beautifully made. the words are perfect. these kind of cards are so hard to make... yours is wonderful.
hugs rachxxx

coldwaters2 said...

I am so sorry to hear of such a tragic loss. The card is perfect in everyway.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Spyder said...

I agaree...Perfect card. So sad (Lyn)

Tracy said...

Lovely card Sheena,difficult card to make for such a sad time,sorry to hear what happened.
hugs
Tracy
xx

Calv said...

I don't think anyone could have said it better Sheena, a beautiful card too.

Kim Dellow said...

That is really hard but you have made a perfect card. Kim

Siri Fjørtoft, kaBoks said...

What a difficult task to make a card for such a sad occasion! I love what you came up with.

Siri