65th Birthday

Friday 3 April 2009

Photobucket

I made a card for my brother's girlfriend to give to her dad for his 65th birthday. I've never met the man and have no idea what he likes!! I was given no direction on what to do apart from that he didn't want a big deal made out of his age. So after scratching my head for a while, I came up with this:

Photobucket

I followed the sketch from BasicGrey Challenges - this is my first (hopefully of many!) entry to that challenge - I love basic grey papers!

Photobucket

I cut the wording with my ROBO from the Archaic paper pad and I used my MS punch at the bottom.

Photobucket

And on the inside:

Photobucket


Update on my mum...

Her wrist is badly broken, one bone broke and folded back on itself and hit off another bone shattering it into 5 pieces - I'm still saying eeuuuggghhh!
She got it set today but may need to have an operation if it doesn't set properly. She's in quite a lot of pain but I think the fact that she needs help is bothering her more - and she knows how much I have on for the next while but I'll just have to sort something out.

Anyway, better go and enter this as I've just noticed it has to be entered by 9 o'clock on friday night! Not like me to be last minute!!! Ha!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Andria said...

Hi Sheena,

A very stylish card I'm sure it was gratefully received. Mens Cards are a total bugbbare of mine, well done :)

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, what a fabulous card. I hope he likes it. I love these BasicGrey papers and I love your take on the sketch.

Thank you for joining us in the BG challenge this week.

Jo x

Heather said...

Hi Sheena - fabulous card. Great use of the papers and a great take on my sketch. Your brother's girlfriend's Dad will love it I'm sure.
Thanks for joining us at BG this week.
hugs Heather xx

Riet said...

woww Sheena,what a gorgeous card.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

oooooo your mums wrist sounds painful. wishing her a speedy recovery, hope that it mends on it's own without further surgery.
this card is fantastic, you did a brilliant job especially as you didn't have a lot of info to work with. well done. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Fab card hun - such a briliant card for a man. Hope your mum is soon on the mend xx