The final card for Holly

Tuesday 2 December 2008

This is the last card I made for Holly. I made it for my little sister Rachael to give even though it is by far my favourite of the three - but hey that's me! (Sinead knows I made them all anyway!!)

Photobucket

I used punch stardream card and made it into an A5 gatefold card. I stamped and embossed a flower stamp with holographic embossing powder down the right flap. I then used an image (again from Joanna Sheen's Baby Love CD - I've got my money's worth from this CD!!) and decoupaged the little girl and the balloon. I also added some pink and white sakura glaze pens and some clear sakura stardust pen over the dots around the picture - the glaze pens leaving a slight texture.
I mounted some of the corresponding backing paper onto silver mirri card and attached it to the left flap.
Then I placed a magnet on the inner right flap, closed the card and more or less just dropped the other magnet on top. I made sure that the magnets would be placed where they would be hidden.
I mounted the image using foam pads over the backing paper and hiding the magnet. I also added a couple of sentiments.

For the inside I mounted some silver mirri and some more of the corresponding backing paper on the inside of the flaps - hiding the other magnet.
I also made a little waterfall piece also mounted onto silver mirri (to hide the back of the brads).
And then I got Rachael to sign where you pull the tab to animate the waterfall.

Photobucket

So that's it. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Such an adorable card Sheena, I love the colour too.

Beryl K said...

It's a beautiful card Sheena. I love the purple punch Stardream as well
Beryl x

iReneM said...

Such a sweet card, love the image and the colours
x

Ila said...

This card is Beautiful!! I love th e colors and sweet image.

Thanks for entering my blog candy...Good Luck!!

and

Happy Birthday!!!...May your special day be filled with all things Loving and Wonderful!!!....Hugs, Ila