Wishing A Speedy Recovery!

Tuesday 25 February 2014

 Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well?  My Granny was taken into the hospital during Sunday night/Monday morning and is on antibiotics and oxygen at the moment.  I've heard that she's doing well and there's plenty of craic out of her, so hopefully she won't be in for too long.  I wanted to visit her myself yesterday evening but I have a bit of a cold and don't want to be adding more to her list of things to get over.

My title is not just aimed at her though!  We have a new challenge today at the Creative Card Crew and we have a new sponsor in the form of Imagine That
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html
who are offering 3 digi's to one lucky winner

And we also have one of our fabulous regular sponsors - The Scrapping Center
http://www.scrappingcenter.com/
With a $15 voucher for another very lucky winner!

Our challenge for this fortnight is...

Get Well!

So here is my card...


When I saw the images we were given by our sponsor, Imagine That, I knew I had to use this image!  In case you don't know, I am a huge Formula One fan so I couldn't bypass this image!  It's also very apt at the moment with the 7 time World Formula One Champion, Michael Schumacher, still recovering after his skiing accident - Michael Schumacher was my favourite driver when he was racing, particularly when he was at Ferrari, so I made the card Ferrari Red!  I used the following copics: R39,29,27. 100,N9,7,5. YR21. Plus a Gold Sakura metallic gellyroll pen.
I added the sentiment (also from Imagine That) onto the rear wing, which was easy cos of it being in PNG format!


I kept the layout fairly simple, the papers are by Carta Bella, Giddy Up (the male version) and I added some gold brads to the corners.  I gave the card interest by mounting the layers on foam pads so there's lots of dimension.


The inside has the same papers and layout with a Wild Rose Studio sentiment and I used nail heads instead of brads to keep it as flat as possible.


I do hope you can join us this fortnight at the Creative Card Crew, go and check out what the rest of the DT have been up to too!

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

1 comment:

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Hope your granny is feeling much better and home soon!
Great card! Love the sentiment and how you added it to the car!