I'm A Big Fan!

Friday 14 February 2014

 Hi everyone!

2nd post today as I'm now up-to-date!  On the blog anyway, a few things to do "behind the scenes" so to speak!

We have a new challenge for you today at the Alphabet Challenge Blog from my lovely teamie Tammy!  We're back at the start of the alphabet and the theme Tammy has chosen is...

A for Always & Forever!

Great theme for today!  I hope you had a nice Valentines day whether you got a card today or not!

I made my card a while back for my auntie and uncle's 25th wedding anniversary.  On the day, instead of a bouquet, the bride, bridesmaids and flowergirls all carried fans!  Gotta love the style back then! lol!  So in homage to that I made my card like this...


And when it is opened up it is a twisted easel card


The stamps I used are ones I've had for ages from Elusive Images (they are now Chocolate Baroque) and are paisley peacock feathers.  I heat embossed the images in silver on white card and in white on silver card, cut each one out and alternated the colours to make a fan shape.  The sentiment is computer generated and the font is Laine Day.  I dry embossed a diamond shape on the background card, using my scoring board, to add a little bit of interest.


The inside has a smaller version of the stamp and the "25" is from a Pink Gem Design stamp set.  You can see the diamond embossed background better here.


I used Spellbinder circle and large scalloped circle dies and the gems are from my stash.


Please pop over to the Alphabet Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the DT have made and join in too!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion; 200th challenge special - #187 More than one fold
Crafty Hands Challenge Blog; Embossed background
Crafty Inspirations; Love
Cute Card Thursday; Clever Cutting
Divas By Design; With Love
Eureka Stamps; Love is in the air
Paper Crafting Journey; Love is in the air
Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog; Love is in the air
Stamp & Create; Love is in the air
The Corrosive Challenge Blog; Feel the love

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

12 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow what a fab and unusual design. Thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck, Zoe DT xx

NGCARDS said...

This is a LOVE-ly creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Very beautiful design and card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great idea to turn it into an easel card. I love the scored background too. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Eureka Stamps.

Unknown said...

This is amazing, so unusual!! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Mirella said...

Wow, really beautiful! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Hugs, Mirella

Anonymous said...

What an amazing and beautiful card.Such a unique and elegant design.This is sure to be well received by your Aunt and Uncle.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Sandra Wright. said...

What a stunning card,very stylish.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Rhedd & Rosies...x

Carmen said...

This is a great card. I love how you have used the feathers for the fan. Genius !

Aunty Sue said...

oh this is fab love the style and thanks for sharing with us at Divas this week

Sammy said...

Simply stunning! And so elegant too. Love it! Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

alethea said...

Wow, this is stunning! Thanks for joining us at PCJ for our Love is in the Air challenge! HUgsxx