Very Special Sister!

Friday 14 February 2014

Hi everyone!

The last of my catch-ups now, this one is for the new challenge at the Creative Card Crew that started on Tuesday.

Our sponsors for this fortnight are...

http://mariannedesign.nl/

Who are offering this fabulous prize to one lucky winner
http://mariannedesign.nl/

http://www.qkrstampede.com/
 Who are offering 5 dig's to another lucky winner!

So to be able to try getting your hands on one of these fantastic prizes our challenge for you for the next fortnight is...

KISS
Keep It Simple & Sweet!


So, here's what I did...


The image was provided by our sponsor QKR Stampede and is called Ballet Shoes.  I coloured them with the following Copics: RV23,21,10,Y15 and I used a clear stardust pen on the stars before adding a little gem to each one.


I haven't used any design papers or dies on this one!  The sentiment was computer generated using the font Lainie Day and the ribbon, pearl (which isn't as bright in real life!) and diamante numbers are from my stash.


As the card is so simple (& sweet!) I thought I would use the image again on the inside but I decreased the opacity and coloured it with Blush Pink, Light Peach, White and Sand prisma pencils for a less bright look.


I made the card for my "little" sister who turned 17 on Monday!  Where has the time gone, it seems like no time since she was only a wee baby!
I hope you will be able to join us with this lovely challenge - check out what the rest of the DT have done on the Creative Card Crew blog!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks; Use pearls
Crafty Boots Challenges; Bingo - first line down:Pink, Glitter, Star.
Loves To Create Challenges; Use red or pink
Top Tip Tuesday; Girly

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

7 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Your card is gorgeous in it's simplicity, I love it. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Bingo Challenge.

Dionne

Mrs Beez said...

I'm sure your sister loved her card. So pretty and I love how you have used the image. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love your clean and simple look. So elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at Tip Top Tuesday. Amy A., DT

Leanne said...

Very pretty, nice image. Great job. Nice touch with the ribbon and pearl. Thanks for entering our Pearls challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Leanne DT@4CC!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the ballerina shoes you used! Beautiful CAS card! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Anyone for Anya DT
Stampavie and More DT
Creative Fingers DT 

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card! The ballerina slips are so pretty!
Thank you for joining our Color Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

DebiJ said...

This is such a beautiful card...your ballet slippers are so gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks with us.
Debi - Guest Designer @ 4CC