Lady's Day

Monday 24 February 2014

 Good morning all!

I can't believe it's been over a week since my lovely day getting pampered with my mum and wee sister!  It won't be long til the next one though! ;P

We have a new challenge today at Seems A Little Sketchy and our sponsor for this fortnight is the very fabulous Lacy Sunshine!
http://lacysunshine.weebly.com/
They're offering 3 digi's to our winner!

The sketch for this challenge looks like this
http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.co.uk/

And here is my card - I rotated the sketch once clockwise


The image is 1920's Winter Lizabeth, provided by our sponsor Lacy Sunshine and I coloured her with the following copics: Skin;E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair & Fur;E49,47,44,43. Coat;E15,13,11. Dress;RV34,32. Surround;E33,31. Rubies;R39,29,E09. Plus a Sakura metallic gellyroll gold pen for the headband and brooch.


The papers I have used are First Edition Desert Blooms, the background one has a lovely shimmery embossed detail on it.  I used a diamante strip across the top and to tone down the silver, I wrapped it with gold thread.  I also used a red copic on the diamantes to make them rubies to match the image.  The Prima butterfly, feathers and swarovski's are from my stash.


I used the sketch again on the inside and just used the gold thread this time, instead of the diamante strip.


So that's my card, I hope you can join us this fortnight, please take a trip over to the Seems A Little Sketchy Blog to check out the rest of the DT's fab work!

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Sheena, this is fabulous! Love all the added embellishments and your coloring is awesome.

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable card! Love that image and the beautiful butterfly!
~Sandy, SALS DT

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card & I LOVE how you colored that awesome image! I'm very happy to be on the SALS team with you!!!

Jessi said...

What a gorgeous card with wonderful embellishments!