How Late Is Too Late?!

Wednesday 12 February 2014

 Hello everyone!

I'm still here!  After everything going on in January I really needed a bit of time away from things, the craft desk and the computer.  I even managed to get a couple of days away with friends which really helped to lift my spirits so I'm hoping they can stay lifted and I can get on with things!
First of all though, I have a bit of catching up to do...

This was my card for a challenge on the Alphabet Challenge Blog a few weeks ago - I got it uploaded for the DT bit but I never got around to doing my own post for it so I must apologise to Shaz and all the other ladies over there.  We have a different challenge running at the minute for Z for Zesty colours which still has about a day left and then we have a new challenge up on Friday, so I hope you can join us to make up for my not-being-around-ness!  I also need to apologise for not visiting or commenting either, but I'm hoping to get round everyone ASAP.

Here's my card from the Y for Young card for a little one which I made for my wee niece Holly when she turned 5!


The image is Magnolia Happy Easter Tilda (though it's not very Easter-y so I thought it would be OK for a winter birthday!).  I coloured her with the following Copics: Skin;E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair;E47,44,43,42. Clothes;E04,RV34,32,G21,20.


The papers I used are a 12x12 sheet I've had for ages and the name on it was Me & My Big Ideas.  The dies used are Spellbinders Circle, Scallop Circle, Grand Decorative Circles 1 and Sizzix "Tina Thinks You're Cute" alphabet dies.  I used a Papermania "5" stamp and filled it in with glue and glitter over stamped and coloured Magnolia balloons.


I tried to be clever with this card but it ended up being a bit of a disaster!  I wanted to make Tilda look like she was jumping for joy so I did a bit of engineering with some lolly sticks, brads, pearls, ribbon and a cropodile and this is what a mess it looks like from behind...


You can move the image up and down and the pearls are to stop it from going too far.  My workings made the card a little too heavy and it wouldn't stand up so I threaded some ribbon through the pattern on the die at the front of the card and looped it over a brad on the back.  It's a little bit of a mend-it job but it kind of works and it stays standing up!  Here's the front again with Tilda jumping this time!


So there you go.  One totally out-of-date card!  I hope you'll be able to join us for our new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog on Friday, if not, before!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Craft For The Craic; Heart
Craft Your Passion; 200th challenge special - 172 Happy Birthday
Crafty Boots; Bingo - Diagonal line = Pink, Stamp, Die cut
Oh La La Challenges; Use a heart
Papertake Weekly; With a heart
Simon Says; Have a heart
Top Tip Tuesday; Girly
Magnolia Down Under; Hearts & Flowers

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

11 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Really sweet card, I love the rocker shape - what a clever way you have connected the circles.

Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Bingo Challenge.

Dionne

Lin said...

What a sweet card, Sheena, I'm sure she loved it! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

Michelle J M said...

What a lovely happy card. Fabulous shape and cheerful colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Michelle x

Mrs Beez said...

Wow what a great design and how patient to keep working at it until it did what you wanted. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Sheena :) Wow, your patience with getting the card to move. Fantastic idea! Thank you so much for joining in our first challenge - I love the heart balloons! :)
Eithne
Craft for the Craic

Anonymous said...

Such a clever design and a pretty card.Glad you managed to get it to work.Tilda does look as if she's jumping for joy!Lovely colouring too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Unknown said...

What a fun card and a great design! Thank you for sharing with us at Tip Top Tuesday. Amy A., DT

coops said...

so stunning sheena.really love the clever design and your tilda and colours are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

This card has the wow factor, I love everything about it.
Sylvie Craft for the Craic DT

Anonymous said...

Pretty card and a great idea! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Ger said...

A very creative rocker card and gorgeous colouring on that sweet image! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic!

Ger
Craft for the Craic DT