Vintage-ish!

Friday 14 March 2014

Hey everyone!

I've just noticed that this didn't post when it was supposed to - I think I hit save instead of publish, stupid me!
I've had the flu (again!) for the last couple of weeks and haven't been online so didn't notice til now, so I've had to re-write the start!  Not much to report though as I have hardly been out of the house over the last couple of weeks and when I was out, I just wanted to be back home again!
My granny is back home again, although she had a slightly extended stay in hospital after she broke her toe while she was in there!  I haven't been to see her since I took the flu as I don't want to smit her and make things worse!

Anyway, this card was for the challenge at Eclectic Ellapu when the Pink team were being hosted by May with her challenge of...

Vintage!

But changes are afoot over at Eclectic Ellapu and there are still a couple of days left to get your entries in!  We are changing to a 3 weekly challenge with 2 challenge options each time, one from us pinkies and one from the purplies.

So here is my card


My fab image was by Sketching Stamper and she's called Valentina.  It's a pity Chris doesn't do stamps anymore, cos I really love her style!
I coloured Valentina with the following copics: Skin;E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair;E44,43,42,41,40. Clothes & Roses;E09,08,07,04,YR24,23,21.


When I was asked to make this card a couple of the things I was told the recipient liked were chocolate and Johnny Depp movies (a girl after my own heart!), so I went with the theme of the Johnny Depp film "Chocolat" which is set in France and has a vintagey look to it.  I think the image looks a bit like the main character in the film (although I made her blond, like the recipient).  The card is like a trifold concertina type card, I'm not sure what it's proper name is!


The papers are First Edition, Dessert Blooms.  The dies I used are Spellbinders Petit Ovals lg and Labels 10.  The sentiments are computer generated and the font is Lainie Day.  I added some swarovski's to finish it off.


The inside has the same papers, dies and font.


So I hope you can make it in time for this challenge - we have another one (or two!) starting on Sunday with the pinkies and purplies joining forces at Eclectic Ellapu!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday; Girls, girls, girls.
Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge; Happy Birthday
Just For Fun; Anything goes
Love To Create Challenge Blog; Anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey; Photo inspiration - the spots on the paper resemble the spots on the umbrella.
Papertake Weekly; Bingo - Gems, Free, Lace (punch)
QKR Stampede; Anything goes
Stampin For The Weekend; Anything goes
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog; Inspired by a book, song or film - Johnny Depp film "Chocolat"
Totally Papercrafts Challenge; Shaped cards

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

8 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

What a beautiful card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Sammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Such a striking image and beautifully coloured - lovely card all round :)

coops said...

so stunning sheena.i really love the image and your design is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What an amazing card!!! The fold is beautiful and I love the extra long centre border. Your mix of papers is stunning and that image and your colouring is perfect!

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card , interesting new shape. Thank you for entering it into our Fussy & Fancy Challenge and good luck xxx Annie

Unknown said...

Hi; thanks for taking the time to enter over at just for fun, in our anything goes challenge. Great colouring and fold, the polka dot paper makes it all come together nicely.
cat dt member

Gram's Treasures said...

Gorgeous card, and I really do like how you have coloured that image! Thank you for joining in our challenge this time at Paper Crafting Journey, and good luck!
Joyce xx