Paper Roses

Sunday 10 April 2011

I went to a pub quiz last night – my second pub quiz ever, and the first one was years ago! The rest of my team was made up of my mum, 2 sisters and my friend. With extremely low expectations, we were delighted to come third! And with the top 2 teams breaking the rules by having 7 & 8 people on their teams :O – rather than the 5 in the rules – we really won!! As it was for charity though, they were allowed to keep their positions, so we were gracious in defeat. To their faces anyway! Lol

I then got up early this morning to watch the grand prix in Malaysia. It was a really good race and I was delighted to see Nick Heidfeld on the podium – He’s one of the drivers that I met a couple of years ago, so I have a wee soft spot for him!

Anyway, I was asked to make an anniversary card, I think I may have mentioned it before, but I struggle with anniversary cards for some reason – I’m putting it down to the fact that one half of the recipient is a man! So totally ignoring that fact, I went very pink with this one!

Photobucket

I used the fabby Rose Heart from Sketching Stamper, coloured with my copics. I added some Swarovski crystals for a bit of bling.

Photobucket

Just a wee note here, I don’t know if it’s just me, but sometimes I love the effect you get on the back of an image after you’ve coloured it, I thought this one was lovely!

Photobucket

The papers I used were Bo Bunny, Love Bandit and Pink Petticoat, pretty doodles. A few pink pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts some pink satin ribbon to finish off.

Photobucket

I brought the fancy tags element from the front through to the inside along with the same papers.

Photobucket

I don’t usually make cards to stand like this so thought I’d do it this time to be a bit different. Then I discovered that it was too heavy and kept collapsing! I was just about to tear it off to re-do it when I had an idea – I ran some power pritt stick down the edges of the card where it would be standing. I let it dry before I stood it up and it gave the edges a rubberised sort of feel, so it didn’t slip when I stood it up. It worked a treat! So there’s a wee tip for you!

Photobucket

Quite a few challenges this time:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog; Pearls

A Spoonful of Sugar; Tons of Texture – the ribbon and the card – also I think the roses on the image give the effect of texture.

Charisma Cardz Challenges; Weddings/Anniversary’s

CLP; Sketch

Copic Creations; Your favourite copic technique

Creative Inspirations; Punches & Dies

My Partner in Crafting Crime; Layer it up

Papertake Weekly Challenge; Anything Goes

ABC Challenge; R is for ribbon


Thanks for looking!


Photobucket

14 comments:

Diamond-Sky said...

gorgeous Sheena and thanks for the tip xxx

Unknown said...

What a lovely,soft & romantic card! Love the colors and image, and that ribbon is so lovely!
Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! / Sari

coops said...

stunning card sheena.i love the heart and your colours and details are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Karli said...

beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at ABC Challenge. We hope you'll join us again next time! Hugs~

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Sheena, Gorgeous card I love all the wonderful embellies and its nice to find another girl that likes motor racing. Thank you for joining in at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Andria said...

Ooooh I KNEW you's make something stunning with that heart, it's gorgeous, beautiful colours. Great tip about the prit stick too, will have to remember that one :) x

Mona Evy said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge!

Kathryn said...

fabulous card, I love that heart, and such pretty lovely details added, Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes, K x

RoseC said...

Sheena, your heart full of roses image is lovely. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Elise said...

This is simply stunning! I love the pretty colors and the lovely feel to it! Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

Clare Brown said...

This is just stunning...goodluck at Charisma this week.

clare x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Sheena!

you're right, sometimes the color bleeding through the paper is pretty too. This one looks like faded rose paper, I like it!!!
hugs

Lori Aragon said...

This is gorgeous Sheena! I've never seen that beautiful image before! Thanks for joining us at CLP :)
Love n hugs,
Lori