Happy Birthday Da!

Wednesday 23 September 2009

It was my Dad's birthday last friday, so I had a dreaded man's card to make!
I turned to my trusty Flippin' Men decoupage. I hardly ever use decoupage, so it was a nice change to use something different.

My da is big into golf, so I used the Golf Flippin' man - even though the character actually looks more like one of my dad's golfing friends!

Here is my card

Photobucket

I noticed on the Basic Grey Challenge that the current challenge is to add some embossing. I hope this counts as I actually flipped the embossed circle over to show the debossed side as I thought it looked more like a golf ball!

Photobucket

The Basic Grey papers I used are from the archaic paper pad.

Photobucket

Here's the inside with the back of the golfer:

Photobucket

I coloured the pint with a clear sakura stardust pen just to make it look like it's fizzing!

I hope you liked it - thanks for dropping by!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sheena, Im the same I dont do much in the way of decoupaging but I think youve created a really lovely card for your dad, and Im sure he enjoyed it especially as he loves golf so much. Well done with lvoe and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

Andria said...

Perfect - gotta love the flippin men range lol. Nice idea for the golf ball too :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a wonderful card! I love the golfer and his ale(beer). My DH would love a card like that. I love the Archaic papers you used too! Thanks for playing with us at Basic Grey Challenges.