Hand, Machine or Faux?

Friday 6 April 2012

Hello everyone!  It's early on a Friday and I'm posting on my blog, so that can only mean one thing...
A new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

This post has not been scheduled as my last 2 were because I was away on my holidays and I wish I had've been more organised and scheduled this one before I went away too - I got the card finished by the skin of my teeth as I have been useless all week due to jet-lag - How long does it linger?  I thought I would be over it by now!

Anyway, the new challenge was chosen by the lovely Rudlis and this is her last fortnight as a DT member.  I wish her all the best in her new ventures and she will be missed.  Her challenge is...

E for Embroidery!

So any sort of stitching on your makes please - hand, machine or faux - it's up to you!

Here's my card:


And here it is open:


I got the sewing machine out and stitched around the mats and doodled some stitching in the flowers, although you can't really see it in the photos.  I also ran a stitch through some of the ribbon and ruffled it up.


The papers are Jillibean Soup - Blossom Soup mini pad.  I used Spellbinders Nested Flower Shapeabilities and card candy to make up the flowers which I then attached to lolly sticks.  The border die is the Fancy Hearts die from Crafty Sentiments Designs.


I also used my swirl Doo Hickey die and the sentiment is from the Waltzing Mouse sentiment set called Fancy Phrases, which I went over with a clear stardust pen to make it really sparkley!


I got the cute wee wooden ladybirds (or ladybugs depending on where you're from!) in Australia and I thought they'd go well on this card.
The wide ribbon is from my stash and I haven't used it very often, it's hard to find the right card to use it on cos it's so wide and covers everything up, but I love the colour of it.


I gave everything dimension by using lots and lots of foam pads.  It's quite a textured card.


So that's my card! (Oh, you can see a bit of my wonky stitching in this photo!)
Why don't you pop over to the Alphabet Challenge Blog and see all the DT's fabulous creations and have a go yourself?!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks; Flowers
Anything Goes; Anything goes
Cupcake Craft Challenges; Sewing box
Prairie Fairy; Anything goes
Scrappy Frogs; Shape up
Simon Says; Use your favourite tool - my cuttlebug got well used with this card!
The Shabby Tearoom; Homegrown flowers
Totally Gorjuss; Swirly whirly
Whimsy Stamps; Use ribbon

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

15 comments:

Andria said...

Lovely work, gorgeous papers, very clever.

Anonymous said...

Wow Sheena, that is truly beautiful. I love the colours, papers, stitching and of course the little ladybird. They have certainly flown some miles!

Have a lovely evening, Rach xx

having a {me} day said...

Oh WOW! This is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes. keeley

Starr said...

It's lovely! I adore easel cards and you've done a wonderful job of showing off your gorgeous flowers!
Thanks for joining us in The Shabby Tea Room!!!

Hugs,
Starr

Rebekah said...

wow.. so much detail. You can tell that you put alot of time into this!
Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

Unknown said...

This is So Gorgeous. I never thought of this idea. I love what you did here.

We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.

We hope to see you back next week. Winner will be announced Wed.
Best of Luck Always,

Hugs from DT Member For Whimsy Stamps Tammy Ortiz

coops said...

gorgeous card sheena.stunning colours and design and i love your flowers and bright colours :D

xx coops xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Thanks for playing with Flowers for our challenge this week. Your card is lovely, I really like the ruffled ribbon.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Guest Designer @ 4CCC

Unknown said...

Absolutly amazing card!! Love the pretty and rich details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Lori Turner said...

Wow! I love your flowers on the wooden sticks in the card - what a novel idea - love it!!! Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "Flowers" challenge!

Dorte said...

Such a lovely creation,Sheena. Never seen anything like it!!
I love all of your beautiful details and the colours you have used is lovely.
Thank you for sharing with us at FFF this time.
Dorte,x

Jules said...

Hi Sheena

What a fabulous make. So much gorgeous detail.

Loving that stunning wide ribbon and all the beautiful flowers.

I hope you have got over your jet-lag and had a good Easter.

Love Jules xx

Heather May Holbrook said...

This is so unique (in a good way!), I love it! That gathered ribbon is such a cool detail! Thanks for linking up at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
Hugs,
Heather P, Guest DT
www.heather-p.blogspot.com

Anne said...

A fabulous card Sheena you have such lovely ideas. Hope you are getting over the jetlag, it took me ages after we got back fro Aus. Anne x

pinky said...

Hi Sheena, sorry it has taken me so long to get over here. Up to my eyeballs with renovation work at home but I'm getting a new craft room so will be happy when its all done. Love your gorgeous project, so bright and cheerful. And lucky you girl getting to Australia, that must have been amazing!! Hugs
Pinky