Birthday Mermaid

Tuesday 14 September 2010

We had a very emotional weekend in our house. Our cat, Bush, was killed on Friday night. She had been part of the family for almost 13 years and had gone through a rough time of it.
She lost an eye and damaged her back legs in 2001 after being hit by a car. I spent a lot of time with her then as she was nursed back to relative health. She became very petted on me and when I moved out to my own house in 2003 she missed me at home and would've been searching for me. She seemed to have developed her own language and had different meows for different requests!
Then in 2007, on the same day my nephew was born, she was hit by another car. This time she lost her tail and broke her leg, requiring a pin. Again, it was me who nursed her back to health. We tried to keep her in the house but she loved to get outside to go for a ramble and it was more cruel to try to keep her in.
She seemed to know the sound of my car as she would appear out of the bushes whenever I would arrive. She was such a wee flirt too!
She was a lovely pet and she will be sadly missed.

bush cat face

Onto my card...
I made this card for a friends birthday

Photobucket

I used the lovely Magnolia mermaid from the last set that I got (I've lost track which one it is!)

Photobucket

I coloured her with my copics and I used a brayer on the background. I painted Tilda's tail and the bubbles with my glittery paint from Stampin' Up! (which I can't remember the name of! Oops!)

Photobucket

I added the sentiment onto the ribbon to give it a wavy look. I can't remember the name of the paper, but I think it's Basic Grey - I'll check when I get home.

Photobucket

And this is the inside, the seahorse was also coloured with copics.

This card fits this weeks challenge at Craft Your Days Away which is Girly 'N' Glitter.

I hope you like it, thanks for looking!

Photobucket

3 comments:

helencreaty1 said...

i am sorry about your sad lost,I lost my favorite pet , my socrates hamster, =(,well the time helps to aleviate the pain that sad loss leaves in our hearts .
enjoy your day
helen =)

Doreen said...

Ooh I am really sorry about your cat.

Your card is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

Donna said...

Ooh Sheena, this is wonderful! Love the colours you have used and the inside is wonderful too.
Thanks for playing at CYDA this time.
Hugs, Donna x