Phew!

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Why does everything take so long to do?!
My antivirus program expired yesterday so I decided to renew it today.  I know there are free programs available but I'm not entirely convinced by them yet and I'm sure you have to put up with adverts etc, which I couldn't be bothered with!
I had un-ticked the automatic renew thing last year and I'm so glad I did - they would've charged me £60 to renew but by buying the product as new I got it for £25!  From the same place!  It was a bit of a nightmare to install though as I didn't think to un-install the first one and then it wouldn't install the new one and then it installed a free trial one instead of the one I paid for but I eventually got it sorted out.  And I made sure to go back in and un-tick the automatic renew thing again!
Computers, who'd have em!

Anyway, how about a new challenge to get you going for the start of the week?
It's time for a new one at Eclectic Ellapu and it's the Pink teams turn this week, and the lovely Laurian's turn to host.  The challenge she chose for us this week is...

A Recipe; 1 die cut, 2 patterned papers,
3 embellishments (can include digi)
and ribbon!

So, here's what I did;


The image is a digi from Paper Pretties called Snuggle Bunny and I coloured it with the following promarkers: Aubergine, Plum, Amethyst, Lilac, Cyan, Denim Blue, April Shower, Powder Blue & blender.
I edged the image with Decoart snowwriter for a bit of glitteryness!


The papers are DCWV, Nana's Kids.  I love this paper cos it's so textured - the glitter you can see on the bottom and the spots at the top are embossed too. 
The sentiments are by Pink Petticoat called Tiny New Baby which I printed onto safmat and attached to the image.  The buttons are gorgeous and are from House of Zandra, but I got them at the NEC.
And my die-cut is a Simple Banner by Memory Box which I've hand-written the name of the new arrival onto.


The inside has the same elements as the front including the ribbon from my stash and a button charm.

  
So take a trip to Eclectic Ellapu to check out what the rest of the Pink team did and have a go too!

Oh and can I just say that I have been having some trouble leaving comments.  On some blogs when I click to post my comment it goes to the white "503 error" page.  I have tried several times to leave comments and have even opened up Chrome to try there (even though I don't really like it!) so apologies if my comment didn't go through or if you've gotten several of the same comment from me!
I wish blogger would sort out all these issues - life is just too short! 

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Ribbons: New beginnings
Divas By Design; Anything goes 
Dream Valley Challenges; Anything goes 
A Gem Of A Challenge; New beginnings 
613 Avenue Create; Anything goes 
Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog; New beginnings 
One Stop Craft Challenge; New beginnings 
Papertake Weekly; Happy new ? 
Totally Gorjuss; Spotty 
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenge; Ribbon 

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

26 comments:

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful card. Such a cute image and the papers and layout are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

scrapclose2theheart said...

This is adorable & I love the buttons both on the outside & the inside. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs~
Patti

Francesca said...

Very, very cute . thanks for joining us at One stop craft this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

This is gorgeous!! Love how clean and fresh it looks - my only complaint is now I have to get that adorable image :)

Marie-Louise said...

Great card. Love the colours. I have used free anti virus for years and have never had any problems nor have I been bothered with adverts my biggest problem was with Norton which I paid for and I would never have again. I use Avast and have had no problems.

NanaConnie said...

This is sooo cute, Sheena! Love the color combo you chose and those papers are perfect. Great little banner, too. :-D

Laurian said...

Sheena, this is a beautiful baby card. I love that bunny and your papers and the buttons are gorgeous!

Hugs

Laurian

Berni Cuttino said...

Sheena, what a cutie in remarkable purple. Wonderfully designed and amazingly colored.
Hugs

Chana said...

What an adorable card! I love the combination of patterns and the color choice! Very nice work! Thanks for playing at our house at 613 Avenue Create! We hope you will become a regular visitor!
Hugz,
Chana

Ellapu said...

I love bunny rabbits yours in particular hun - so cute xxx

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Asha said...

Aaww, too cute, Sheena. Love the colour combo and the embellies are perfect!

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous baby card. Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge: New Beginnings
Hugs
Dewi

May said...

Gorgeous card Sheena, Love that cute bunny, Great colours & papers..Fabulous design.. Hugs May x x x

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous project

Thank you for joining in the Joanna Sheen challenge
Good luck in the draw

Hugs Shaz

Sue - bearhouse said...

Such a beautiful card Sheena. I love the cute image and such a gorgeous colour scheme with those wonderful papers and fabulous detailing too.
Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Sue

Claire said...

Hi Sheena! What a precious card - absolutely beautiful!
Claire xx

Paper Profusion said...

Beautifully designed Sheena. Its a gorgeous card and the tiny buttons on the back are the cutest thing ever! Nicola x

Laine said...

This is as cute as a button Sheena. Fabulous project, wonderful design. Thank you for joining us this week at TPC Challenge.
Laine
X

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card...love your papers and colouring....thanks for sharing with Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

coops said...

so gorgeous sheena.fab pretty colours and i love the adorable image :D

x coops xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sheena :-) the image is just sooo cute and all the details are FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Patricia said...

This card IS cute as a button! Love the image and coloring and the colors are great. Adorable card sweetie!

Pamela said...

What a little cutie. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Pam x

Helen said...

Gorgeous - such a cute image and I love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Pink Gem.

Helen x

EmonieDezigns said...

Oh this is just darling! Love the rendering! Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avnue Create.
Emonie
Emoniedezigns.com