Twice In One Day!

Sunday 6 January 2013

Well, it's 11:30pm when I started typing so I hope it'll make it into today!


I was lucky enough to be picked as a top 3 in one of Quirky Crafts challenges  before Christmas and got the opportunity to join them as a guest designer!  I jumped at the chance as I was disappointed that I wasn't able to join them when the same opportunity came up just when I had my accident.
Imagine my panic when I switched on my computer on Saturday after it being off for 2 weeks to see that I had an email from the lovely Cazzy with the details of the new new challenge and I was already late submitting it!
So I fired off an email to see if I was too late and Cazzy replied nice and quickly and was lovely about me being late and I was still OK.  So I printed out the fabby image she supplied from one of their sponsors for this week - Bugaboo stamps no less!  And the challenge is:

Some Thing New, with Pink!
 
Like a busy bee I coloured and cut and stuck and glued and this is what I came up with:


The image is Just Married by Bugaboo and I coloured it with the following promarkers: Skin: Sunkissed pink, Oatmeal, Blush, Pastel pink.  Car; Pumpkin, Amber, Apricot.  Bumper & suit; Petrol blue, Marine, Turquoise.  Heart etc; Cerise, Baby pink, Pale pink.  Tyres etc; Black, Ice grey 5,3,1.
I printed the image out 3 times and 3D'd it up for lots of dimension. (and the glue gel seems to have seeped through the image unfortunately :(  )


The papers are My Minds Eye, Tickled Pink.  I used a Spellbinder lg circle die to cut out the image and I then used a small circle punch to punch out lots of cerise and blue circles for the border around the image, finishing it off with a few gems.  The sentiment is computer generated and highlighted with a clear Sakura Stardust pen.


 The inside compliments the front with scalloped dies and Memory Box Simple Banner die-cuts to match.  Again, the sentiment is computer generated.


So that's my card!  A huge thank you to Cazzy for putting up with me and to the Quirky Crafts Challenge blog for having me as a guest designer!  Short and sweet but I really enjoyed it!

Thanks for looking!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Andria said...

Gorgeous card, bright and cheerful, love the banner die neeeeeeed it lol. Congratulations on your guest DT place and Happy New Year x

coops said...

so stunning sheena.i love your bright colours and fab bugaboo image :D

xx coops xx

Anne said...

Congratulations Sheena and a fab card - don't know how you do it. Anne x

Cazzy said...

Thank you for being guest designer at Quirky Crafts Sheena, love your make and we loved having you even with the last minute panic!

Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.