The Last Day Of My Lazy Break...

Sunday 6 January 2013

Hello Bloggers!

Long time no see!  I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and a great new year!  I hope 2013 is good to everyone!
I had such a lazy time over Christmas!  When I wasn't away staying in other peoples houses I was on the sofa catching up on all the TV I had recorded over the holidays (I still have some to watch!) and I wasn't online once the whole time!
And there was me thinking I would get caught up on all the cards I had made during 2012 and hadn't got blogged - and get a head start on the ones I need for 2013.  So I'm starting the new year off exactly as I didn't want to, catching up and chasing my tail.  But I will try to get everything as I want it as soon as possible.
So to start with I'm gonna ask you all to check out the latest challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog - I didn't get a card made as I made a stupid mistake writing down the dates for the new challenge and missed it - I'm so annoyed about it, but not a lot I can do about it now.
You should also pop over to the Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog to see the fantastic inspiration from the Purple team for the new challenge that went up today.
And lastly, I'm gonna show you the last of my 2012 Christmas cards - these were made in a hurry!  I realised - almost too late - that I was running out of time to make all the cards I needed, so I came up with a quick and simple design that I could make loads of, quickly!

And here's what I did:


I made good use out of all the Christmassy digi papers I have by Pink Petticoat and printed off loads of sheets.


I printed the cards double sided so as the pattern that appeared on the Christmas tree on the front was replicated on the inside.  3 printed sheets made 4 cards!


The tree die is one I got when I was in Birmingham and I can't find it at the moment to tell you the details but will add them as soon as I do!
The top corners are home to a quarter each of a Whimsy snowflake die.  The sentiment is by CC designs cut out with an X-cut tag die, threaded with a little bit of contrasting ribbon.


The sentiment on the inside is also by CC designs and I was able to use up some scraps for the mat.


So 4 cards in each design and...


6 designs makes 24 cards in an afternoon!  That's good going for me! lol!

So now that's done I shall go and see what else I can catch up on!

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sheena, just popping by to say 'hi'.

This is a great set of Christmas cards and such great papers put to good use.
Avril xx