Up Down!!

Saturday 18 September 2010

We have a big weekend this weekend - It's the All Ireland Final, the senior gaelic football championship final and our county is in it for the first time in 16 years! I remember being at the final the last time we won it in 1994 and the excitement was electric!
County Down's colours are red and black - my 2 favourite colours - and the whole county is covered with flags and banners and paint - lots of buildings have been decorated especially - it's brilliant to see everyone with All Ireland Fever!
I just got my ticket last night for Croke Park and I can't wait to see Down beat Cork! Fingers crossed anyway!

It's also my Da's birthday today, so I made a card appropriate for the weekend!

Photobucket

Of course I used our county colours!

I used a download from Mo's digital pencil and I blanked the football out of the main image so as I could place it like it has just been kicked. I coloured it with my copics.

Photobucket

I didn't use any design papers as such, but the holey paper is from Creative Imaginations. The die cut swirl is a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on the red block to tie in with the circles from the rest of the card.

Photobucket

The inside is just red and black again!

Photobucket

It's also my nephews 3rd birthday on wednesday, but he's having his party today (which I'm now late for! :P) So I thought I'd stick with the theme and make a tag for the part of his present that I'm giving him today - it's a wee mini Down football strip! so cute!

Photobucket

Another image from Mo and also coloured with copics. The ribbons are from a collections of ribbons I bought ages ago and never use cos they're so narrow, but they're perfect for a tag.

Photobucket

These two projects fit a few challenges:
Alphabet Challenge Blog; U for unused stash (the ribbon on the tag)
Copic Creations; Shading on and around images
Creative Inspirations; Tag It
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge; Anything goes (I actually followed the sketch from last weeks challenge but didn't get it blogged on time, so lucky that I can still enter this week!)
Simon Says; Move it (that ball won't move by itself!)
Stampin' For The Weekend; Tag it

That's it, I hope you like it. Thanks for dropping by!

Oh, and..... UP DOWN!!!!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Pia said...

wow what agreat tag

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Love these soccer cards, Sheena. That gift tag is precious and great coloring. Thanks for another entry in our Copic Creations Shading challenge.

Curly said...

Hiya Sheena
lovely design and colours pretty card and tag , thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

Unknown said...

Great card! Love all the details. Your coloring is fabulous. thanks for joining the copic challenge

Christine said...

Wow, your work is fantastic. I love that stamp that you used for the tag. Mo's got some great digital images. Love all the texture on your card as well as the swirl. It increases the fell of movement on your card. Awesome work!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Yay soccer!!! I love the embossing you did, too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

Sarah :)

Carolina said...

Very pretty card and tag.
Thank you for joining the alphabet challenge

Lesley said...

Great work! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

MauMau88 said...

Wonderful!

Inken
Alphabet Challenge

Helen said...

Fab card - love the bookmark too!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Tracey said...

These are fabulous :)

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x