Tiny Treasures Tiny Canvas!

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hi everyone!

I starting doing things to my computer the other night...ie. security scans, disc cleaning and defragmenting, to see if I can make it go a little bit quicker.  All I have left to do now is take a back-up.  Why do all these things take so flippin long?!!  Maybe if I didn't leave so long between doing them it wouldn't take so long.

Anyway, working on the computer delayed me in getting my post done for the new challenges that have started at Eclectic Ellapu.

The Pink teams challenge for this month is...

Hearts!

And not forgetting the Purple teams challenge is...

Lady's Birthday!

Here's what I did for the Pink teams challenge;


I wanted a little easel a while back and got this one but it had a tiny little canvas with it that I didn't really want so it has been floating around my craft room for quite a while, so I decided to do something with it.
My lovely cousin had a baby a few weeks ago so I thought I'd make a wee door/wall plaque for the new baby.
I started by painting the little canvas with 2 shades of pink pebeo paint and I tried to graduate the colour from one corner to the other.  I also used white paint to help with the process.
I had a packet of wooden heart outlines and I painted one of the hearts with some pearl paint and stuck some matching ribbon to the back of it.  I attached the heart to the canvas and filled it in with lots and lots of glue.  I placed three little vintage flowers in one side of the heart and then filled the rest with tiny pink and white beads.
Then I waited for it to dry.  That's another thing that takes flippin' ages!


I typed the baby's name and date of birth using the font "I'm bored" and cut the name with my guillotine and scissors and used an x-cut punch (one of a set of 3 that I won on a challenge blog!) for the dates.  I attached the dates to some pink wire which I also added some beads to and attached to the canvas with staples (which I painted to blend them in with the background colour) and I did the same with the wire (minus the date hearts) for a hanger at the top.  I shaped the name piece and stuck it to the canvas along with a wee diamanté heart buckle with a little bit of ribbon in it.


Please do join us over at Eclectic Ellapu for either of our challenges - we do spoil you don't we?!  Check out what the design teams have been up to as well, for a bit more spoiling!

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Haha it must be catching I'm doing a couple of canvas's (?) at the minute aswell
This is so sweet and I'm sure your cousin will love it something to treasure
Hope you're well
Jacki x

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Shenna, Oh this is so gorgeous. It is amazing what you did with that canvas. I have a few of these kicking around my art room too and your piece is wonderful inspiration. Love the idea, those pretty little beads and how you painted the wooden heart.
:) Chris / CS Designs

coops said...

wow so stunning sheena.gorgeous design and colours and i love the fabulous heart :D

xx coops xx

Denise Goeldner said...

Fantastic creation. Just letting you know that there's a new challenge going to starting 4 Jan 2015 over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Love you to become a follower, there's a DT Call happening too, grab our badge while your there if you like to, really hope to see you join us, many thanks xx
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}