Chalkboard or Blackboard??!

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well.  Have you all managed to avoid being nominated yet?  For the ice bucket challenge?  I think I may have an imminent nomination heading my way, my sister has just been challenged but hopefully she'll take pity and vote elsewhere!!  I don't know how my pain and aches would cope with a bucket of icy water, the dip in the temperature weather-wise has been tough enough.  I'll wait with baited breath!

We have a new challenge up today at the Creative Card Crew blog and our sponsor for this fortnight is Die R Us
http://www.diesrus.com/
 They're offering a $10 voucher to our lucky winner!

The challenge we have set for you is...

Chalkboard!

I grew up calling it a blackboard and I think it's a whatever-side-of-the-Atlantic-you're-on thing!  It's a technique I haven't tried before and I'm not sure if I did it right but here it is anyway...


I used pearly black card and ran it through my printer which I had set at high quality so as the ink would stay wet for longer as I wanted to throw some white embossing powder at it!  I also pawed all over the card before I printed on it as I wanted some stray ep this time.  The font I used for the "Happy Birthday!" is called Bleeding Cowboy.  I added a frame around the writing on Powerpoint too.  I had crocheted some hearts and flowers and I thought they'd be a nice addition to my card in their nice bright colours.  (Sorry for the blurry pic, it looked OK til I enlarged it!)


The ribbons and Prima gem/pearl swirls are from my stash and match the colours of the crocheting nicely.


I put a modern school twist on the inside and made it into a whiteboard - you don't find many black-boards in schools these days! lol!  The sentiment is a stamp from the Whimsy Stamps Film Strip Sentiments set.


So join us, do, at the Creative Card Crew (that rhymes!) and let us see your idea of a chalk/black board, and make sure you check out what the rest of our clever design team did (including a guest designer this time!).  Let me know, too, if you call it a chalk-board or a black-board, just for my own amusement!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Ribbons Challenge; Celebrate with ribbon
Cute Card Thursday; Back to school (I hope a black-board counts?!)
Dream Valley Challenges; Flowers
Sweet Pea Stampers; Embossing
The Pink Elephant; Anything goes

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

6 comments:

paper fun said...

Sheena, this came out so pretty. I love the bold colors!!!

Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at The Sweet Pea Stampers.

Mari

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours with your design and those flowers are beautiful..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT

Nathalie said...

Very gorgeous card. I love yours flowers. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
Nathalie DT

Margaret said...

Very striking. Love the smudgy look and the bright contrasts. Maggie DT, Teamie

cebelica said...

This is very nice. All the bling and flowers ... Awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs! xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

this is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT