That's Just Super!

Sunday 22 September 2013

Hi everyone!

What a busy week it has been!  Christenings, birthdays, baby sitting, waiting to see if I was going on a flight (which didn't happen again, thanks to our lovely weather :/  ), as well as working and trying to do a bit of crafting too.  Plus I think I'm coming down with something, I feel achy all over, have a sore throat and a cough :(  I hope it goes away before it turns into anything worse!

We have a new challenge today from the Pink Team at Eclectic Ellapu - it's my turn to host and the challenge I have chosen is...

For A Boy!

It's my little nephew Ryan's 6th birthday today - he's starting to be not so little!  He loves playing Super Mario on the Playstation or Wii so when I saw this Magnolia stamp I knew I wanted to make a card for Ryan with it!  I'm not sure if I'm totally happy with the results but it'll have to do now!

Here's the card:


And here it is opened out into an easel card:


The Magnolia image has been coloured with the following copics: Skin; E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair and shoes: E39,37,29. Clothes; C2,R39,37,29,B26,24,23,Y15.  I fussy cut Edwin out to attach him to the card.


 I was trying to remember what the world of Super Mario was like from playing the games myself when I was a child and I remembered the big things that he could jump over and go into - I'm not sure if they were flower pots or pipes but I thought I'd add one to the card anyway.  It ended up being a little bigger than I wanted but it had to accommodate the Papermania "6" stamp that I have, so it had to be that big!  You can pull the top of the pipe up to reveal the glittery number.


I just used plain coloured card for the background and I cut the mountains by hand.  I also used a few dies; Memory Box Marshmallow clouds and Cherry Blossom and a swirl Doo Hickey.  The sentiment is computer generated using a free Super Mario font from Dafont.


So that's my card, I hope you can join us this week over at Eclectic Ellapu, go see what the rest of the DT have done this week!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts; Something blue
Crafts 4 Eternity; Cute kids
Papercrafting Journey; Flowers
Stamp & Create; Birthdays
Papertake Weekly; Make it sparkle
The Squirrel And The Fox; Happy birthday
Top Tip Tuesday; Get in shape
Totally Papercrafts; Happy birthday
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges; Masculine

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

6 comments:

purplecinn said...

Totally gorgeous! I would be extremely happy with that :) It's stunning! Bet your nephew thinks it's wonderful :)

sue w. said...

Such a fab card. Love the shape and colours. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
Hugs Sue W.

coops said...

so stunning sheena.fabulous fun image and design :D

xx coops xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly's sparkle challenge, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

OMG your card is awesome! You must of spent a lot of time on it! I love it!

Thanks for playing at The Squirrel and The Fox this fortnight.

Happy Crafting
Sam

www.crafychickcards.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Super!!!! cute card! love the pop up number too! great job! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this challenge hugs Samantha :0)