A Bit of an Alteration

Monday, 21 February 2011

I bought a box ages ago and decided I would decorate it and give it to my mum for Christmas. As with all these kinds of things, it was very difficult to get decent pictures of it, but here's the best I could do...



The papers I used are DCWV from the Mariposa stack and I attached some Tim Holtz metal feet. I painted the lid with distress crackle paint in antiqued bronze and went over it with a dark distress ink (can't remember which one) and perfect pearls. I stuck an array of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts over the lid along with some spellbinders die cut butterflies, made using grunge paper and painted with the same crackle paint as the lid.


I stuck some Swarovski crystals down the body of the butterfly for a bit of bling. I used another spellbinder die to cut the tag and stamped "with love" using stazon.


I found candles that fitted perfectly into the box so I decorated them with butterflies to fit the theme.


And protected them with organza tied with ribbon


I was quite pleased as it's the first thing I've properly tried to alter. My mum loved the present but thought I bought it somewhere!

I hope you liked it, thanks for looking!


Genevieve said...

Wow Sheena! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Diamond-Sky said...

Beautiful, Sheena.. Must have taken you ages xx

Andria said...

Well i can see why she thought you bought it, because it's good enough to be sold in those vintagey boutiquey stores. It's absolutely stunning, gorgeous gorgeous work! :)

cebelica said...