Men, so challenging!

Thursday 29 July 2010

I thought I'd better hurry and get this blogged, before I miss the challenge this week on the Alphabet Challenge Blog - it's M for Men. This was my friend Andria's last week as guest designer on the blog - well done Andria!

I hope it's ok to enter this card as I confess I didn't actually make it this week! I made it a few weeks ago for my friends dad who turned 60, but I haven't blogged it yet, so hopfully I'm not breaking any rules!

Here's my card

Photobucket

I couldn't think what to put on the card and after some inspiration from my MAC mates, I thought a wine bottle and glass would suit.
The problem was then that I don't actually have a stamp like that! So I asked my wonderfully talented and artistic brother if he could draw something for me (please note the praise and hopefully he'll do something for me gain sometime!!).
And after a not very good description from me, he drew exactly what I wanted!

Photobucket

I felt really under pressure to get it right as I only had the one image - so no mistakes! My colouring wasn't perfect, but I was happy enough with the result. I used my copics to colour it.

I printed my sentiments onto paper and cut them into strips, distressed them a bit and attached them with a staple and foam pads.

The design papers I used are from my Tim Holtz pad - a nice selection of manly colours!

A few big metal brads and the card was done.

Photobucket

This is the inside

Photobucket

It was delivered with the bottle of Moet, so I'm not sure how much attention the card got!!

I hope you like it, thanks for dropping by!
Photobucket

No comments: