Silver Anniversary

Saturday 21 December 2013

Hello all!

I hope you're all well?  The wind is keeping us on our toes this week anyway, I could hardly walk up the street earlier today cos the wind was so strong!!

We have our last challenge of the year at the Alphabet Challenge Blog up today, brought to you by Roxx and it's everyone's favourite!

W for Whatever You Wish!

I'm sharing a card that I made a while back for my aunt and uncle for their 25th wedding anniversary - it's scary to think that I was one of their flower-girls 25 years ago!!  I remember bits and pieces about the day, including that it was very windy!

Here's my card:

 
The focal point on my card are wooden letters that I bought in a pack from Tesco which I heat embossed with silver embossing powder and I attached some swarovski crystals.  I framed it with a Heart Wreath stamp by Chloe which is also heat embossed with the silver embossing powder.


I didn't use any patterned papers on the card, instead I used a LOTV corner stamp with silver embossing powder on the base piece of the topper and added a bit of silver ribbon from my stash.  The sentiments are all computer generated using the font Kunstler Script.  I added a couple of lovely square clusters of gems from my stash.


The inside is the same basic layout and a smaller version of the stamp was added with yet more silver embossing powder!


I also made a box for the card to complete it for the special occasion!


There is loads more lovely inspiration from the rest of the DT over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog, go see for yourself!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday; Celebrate
Delightful Challenges; Celebrate
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog; Celebrations

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

6 comments:

coops said...

so beautiful sheena.gorgeous classy design and i love the heart and matching box ;D

xx coops xx

Sandy Palmer said...

This is very beautiful! You did a fantastic job on it all! The inside is just as beautiful as the outside! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges! :)

sammi said...

So pretty and elegant. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Celebrations" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please visit us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

Crafty Judith said...

great card hun - simple but so effective x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

I love your design. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
delightfulsketches.

Unknown said...

I love this card. I would never have thought to emboss the wreath in silver. So clever and classy! Thanks for sharing!