Her Arrangement Is Better Than Mine

Sunday 25 August 2013

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well?
I had my appointment about my shoulders last week and I have to go back to physio.  If that doesn't work I'll need injections, so I really hope the physio works as I hate needles!  It's good to know what it is that's wrong though and not to think that it's just in my head!

How about a new challenge?  A new one up today at Eclectic Ellapu and the Pink Team!  Our pinkie hosting this week is Laurian and it's her birthday in a few days - Happy Birthday Laurian!  So she has chosen the theme...

An Oldies Birthday!

I took this to mean that it's an older persons birthday, rather than a childs.
So here's my card...



Doing Rachael's card put me in the notion of colouring Saturated Canaries, I love colouring them!  This one is called Maxine The Florist and I coloured her with the following copics:  Skin;E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair:E44,43,40. Clothes and flowers:BG49,45,B95,93,91.R24,22,21.RV34,32.Y17,15,13. Leaves;YG97,95,93. Stool;E39,37,35,29. Ground;E35,33,30. Background;B00,000,0000. plus black and brown prisma pencils.


The papers are MME "Sky's the limit" and the sentiment is by LOTV.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I think I need more practice at doing arrangements of flowers, I don't do them very often and I don't really like how this one turned out.


The inside is done to compliment the front with another LOTV sentiment.


So there you go.  Please take a peek at what the rest of the DT have done over at Eclectic Ellapu and spread some love for Laurian on her birthday by having a go yourself!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion Challenges; Summer Flowers
Crafty Sentiments Challenges; Colourful
Drunken Stampers; Party Planner - a celebration
A Gem of A Challenge; Anything with a B - Blooms, bright
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog; Girls, girls, girls
Papercrafting Journey; Anything goes
Papertake Weekly; Flower power
QKR Stampede; Anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday; Initials - S for Saturated Canary & F for Flowers
 
Thanks for looking - and if you haven't seen it yet, don't miss out on my blog candy!
 Photobucket

24 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

This is beautifully done love the colours very pretty, thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Passion ~ Denise DT ~

Sandra Wright. said...

Great card...love your colouring of the image and the colour palette of your card,it's really eye catching.

Hugs
Sandie x

Anonymous said...

Hi sheena beautiful card and such a great image. Love the inside x

Diane said...

I love that the florist is in on planning the party- every party is better with lots of flowers! I adore you coloring and I like your arrangments of the flowers. I love all the interesting papers too! Thanks for getting in on the party planning with the Drunken Stampers!

coops said...

so stunning sheena.the image is fabulous and i love your design and pretty floral papers :D

xx coops xx

Caz said...

This is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck

Caz xx

Claire Dale said...

Beautiful card Sheena, love all the bright colours!

Claire xx

Donna said...

Lovely lovely lovely!!
Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week for the Party Planner challenge!

Unknown said...

Very cool card. Love the contrasting matting and layering you've done, fab effect. Thanks for joining the fun at Drunken Stampers.x

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great job colouring. I love saturated canary images as well. Thanks for joining us for a drink at Drunken Stampers.

Amy A said...

Beautiful colors and design. Love this!It's perfect for the Craft Your Passion "Summer Flowers" Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see your creations at our next challenge. 
Amy
Craft Your Passion DT

Anonymous said...

Just so beautiful sheena, well done x

Laura Love said...

Beautiful Coloring! Saturated canary is one of my favorite lines too :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card - I love the image (I have it myself) - just gorgeous!!!

alethea said...

Fabulous card! Love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! HUgsxx

Elaine Stark said...

great colouring, Love all the bright colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Karen Schroeder said...

Great coloring! Thanks for planning a party with us at Drunken Stampers!

Karen Schroeder said...

Love your coloring! Thanks for planning your party with us at Drunken Stampers!

karalschuknecht said...

What a great card. The coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything goes."

Karal QKR Stmpede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Mian said...

What a beautiful card and fab coloring! Love the papers you have used, I just love MME papers.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
QKR Stampede Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the layers and details! Thanks for playing along at Drunken Stampers! Cheers!

Kelly D said...

Hey Sheena
Your "oldie" card is brilliant love the colours.

So sorry I have just got around to commenting on your card, last week vanished within the blink of an eye.

Hugs
Kelly- EE Teamie
xxx

Pam said...

This is beautiful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com