Gone Fishing...

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Hi everyone,

If your weather is anything like ours at the moment then I hope you're enjoying it!
I'm off work this week (Yay!!) but I decided to take advantage of the week off and re-decorate my bedroom - I bought the stuff for doing it over 9 months ago, just before the accident so I wasn't feeling up to it since.  Not that I really do yet either, but it has to be done!  The heat is making it difficult though!  I started yesterday by clearing all the stuff I could clear out of the room (isn't it amazing how much crap you accumulate over the years?!) including the bed - it was a hard job getting the big double mattress out all by myself!  So there are just a few bits of furniture left in the room which I'll move to the middle today, give the walls a wash and get them painted.  Then to move everything back in tomorrow!
All the while my shoulder, back and legs are shouting at me "STOP, don't do it!" Even my face hurts!  But it's almost half way done now!

In the mean time, how about a new challenge?  A lovely one from the Creative Card Crew which is perfect for our lovely weather and the holidays this week!  The theme is...

The Great Outdoors!

And we are being sponsored this fortnight by the very lovely Crafty Sentiments Designs who are offering 3 digi's to one lucky winner!


They very generously gave the design team some images to work with for this challenge and here's what I did:


I used the image "Patches Gone Fishing" and I coloured him with the following copics: Patches: E39,37,35,33. Clothes: YG97,95,93,91. Bucket; W7,5,3,1. Grass: E49,31,G99,07,YG13,07,05. Sky and water; BG02,01,000,0000 plus C1,00 for the clouds.  I then used some white acrylic paint for the daisies in the grass and for some ripples on the water, which I also added some glamour dust to.


I drew the Gone Fishing sign and the fish by hand and coloured with the following copics: sign; E49,39,37,35 and a white gel pen for the lettering. fish; YG95,BG02,RV11 and coated with glamour dust.  I used an earring hook fixing for the fishing hook, I used my round nose pliers to re-shape the hook.


The papers are real oldies!  I used my Basic Grey Archaic papers (no pun intended there by the way!)  The only other bits added are the string, which is just string!  and some hessian-y type ribbon-y stuff (which I can't remember the name of!) from my stash.


The inside follows on from the front using papers from the same book and a Wild Rose Studio sentiment.


So go have a peek at what the rest of the fab DT did at the Creative Card Crew!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Ribbons Challenge Blog: Project for a male
Cute Card Thursday: Stars or stripes
Delicious Doodles Challenges: Heavy Metal
Dream Valley Challenges; Make your own embellishments (sign, fish and hook)
A Gem of a challenge; Lots of layers
Here Come the Boys Challenge: Use a digi stamp
Patties Creations Challenges; Summertime fun
Sweetpea Stampers; For the menboys
ABC Challenges; Q for quite a few
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges: Lets hear it for the boys

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

19 comments:

Hazel said...

So much work and creativity in this gorgeous card - love all the elements you've used - thanks for sharing for The Sweet Pea Stampers 'for the men/boys' challenge - hope to see you again soon. x

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Adorable!! Such a cute image and a great card design - love the earring fishing hook, so clever :)

Unknown said...

A real men/boy card! Lovely emblies on the card, it makes it all complete! Thank you for entering at Sweet Pea Stampers "For the men/boys"! DT-member Sylvia

Mojca said...

So very pretty! Love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge and Here Comes The Boys. hugs! Mojca

Sandra DeFalco said...

Adorable! Thanks for playing in our "Summertime Fun" Challenge #70!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely gone fishing card. Love the addition of the fish and the hook. Perfect. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “for the men/boys” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card, so love that image and the way you have coloured him, brilliant, thank you for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck xxx

Mandy said...

Fabulous male card,love the sweet image and design...Thanks for sharing with us over at A Gem of a Challenge,hope to see you again....
Mandy x

Dewi Lestari said...

It's gorgeous. Love the furry bear. Thanks for joining at Sweet Pea Stampers:For Men/Boys
Hugs
Dewi

Denise @ kc242 said...

what a fantastic card. Love all of your attention to detail from the fish embellishments to all of your layering. Simply wonderful.
Denise

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card. Love the design and details. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

Donna x

valou250809 said...

Very beautiful card! thanks for playing with "Patties Creations Challenge" this week. Good luck.

tiggertastic said...

Smashing - really love it

coops said...

stunning male card sheena.fantastic details and I love the sweet bear :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Sheena, lots of lovely work and embellishments on this card! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work with us at Here Come The Boys Use a Digi Challenge Wendy & Teresa xx

cebelica said...

This card would be perfect for one guy I know. He loves fishing! :D You did a wonderful job with this one and those fish one the hook look fantastic. Such a clever idea! Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Pea stampers! Hugs! xx

Susie said...

Fab card and embellishment! Thanks for joining our Make Your Own Flowers / Embellishments challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Granmargaret said...

Great Card. thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers.

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a great 'guy' card! Love the 'fishhook'! Thank you for joining us at ABC's Challenge! Good luck!