Vintage?

Friday 24 August 2012

Good afternoon all!

I'm a little late today posting my card for the Alphabet Challenge Blog - I've had an awful migraine for a few days now and it just won't shift!

So another new challenge is up and for the next fortnight we want to see...

O for Only one colour + white!

I had another challenge to fulfill on the Kraft Krazy forum as we were having a card swap with the theme of vintage.  In my head the Alphabet Challenge Blog theme screamed "Clean & Simple" to me and I wondered if I could combine CAS with vintage.  So here's my effort:


I'm not good at CAS and I'm still contemplating adding some pearls - I added some to one - what do you think?


I still don't know!

The paper I used (that sort of looks cream in the photo, but is actually green!) is "Vintage Rose" by Pink Petticoat in Pistachio.  The ribbon (I think it's my most used ribbon!) and lace is from my stash.  (As are the pearls!)


I stamped around the green mat with the leaf "Confetti" stamp from Stampin' Up! using Versamark.  The sentiment is computer generated.


I loaded the pistachio Pink Petticoat paper into Powerpoint (that's a lot of P's! lol) and fiddled about til I got an oval in the centre and added a sentiment, then I printed it out and matted it up for the inside.


And here they are all together:


I still can't decide on the pearls!
So take the challenge and join in with us over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!  Check out the rest of the DT's fab work while you're there!

I'd like to enter these in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Challenges; Anything goes
Charisma Cardz; Lace
Delightful Challenges; Fancy & frilly
Divas By Design; Anything goes
Fab & Funky Challenges; Use leaves
The Paper Shelter; Anything goes
Partytime Tuesday; Colour/photo inspiration
Whoopsidaisy Challenge; Include a sentiment

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

17 comments:

mamapez5 said...

That's a very pretty piece of lace. I'm not sure the pearls really add anything, though if I has used them it would have been on the green panel. But good for you. I have given up trying to do CAS cards. They are just not my style.
Kate x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

hey girl!
love that you joined us over at Charisma :)

Vicky said...

Great going Sheena, gorgeous cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

hugs Vicky xxx

AN said...

Tämä on aivan ihana -tyylikäs kortti sinulla!
Kiitos osallistumisesta tähän The Paper Shelter (Anything Goes)-haasteeseen tällä viikolla! Paljon onnea sinulle ja kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinne ! Lämmöllä An

cotnob said...

These are gorgeous, I love CAS cards and your's are lovely, I have to say I prefer the one without the pearls, I'm like you though I always think they need a little more and then can't make my mind up.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

Cumbrianlass said...

A perfect CAS card, I have to sit on my hands so I don't keep putting more stuff on them.
thanks for joining in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and good luck
janet

Anne said...

Love the cards Sheena - just not sure what to say about the pearls - no help am I? Hope that migrane goes before the weekend. Anne x

Ciska said...

I understand your CAS 'struggle', I have that myself, never seem to finish a CAS card to my satisfaction, I think it always needs more :)Nevertheless, this card set is really pretty, love the colours and no wonder this is your most used ribbon as it's really vibrant! Thank you for playing along with our Frilly & Fancy challenge @ Delightful Challenges :)

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing along at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Larelyn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at delightful challenges.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Karen C said...

Wow wow wow! Love the simplicity! Thank you for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week! Best of luck in the draw! Hope to see you next time!
Hugs,
Karen C (WD DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/busybusyhoneybee

Vee said...

This is gorgeous, lovely design and colours. Thanks for playing along with our Lace challenge this week at Charisma
xx Vee

Rach83 said...

I really hope your migraine has cleared, Sheena. Your cards are so elegant and beautiful. I think they are lovely with and without the pearls. Great dimension too.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous :)
Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Jackie said...

This card set is stunning! I love the little bit of lace and designer paper, lovely! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful and elegant Sheena! :)


Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

ddazzled71 said...

Hi Sheena, sorry I am late in commenting but I have had the flu this week, but I just have to say how I love this CAS Card. Your choice of trims and design are fabulous! It is really beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays last week.
Danie xx