I Scream, You Scream...

Friday, 1 June 2012

Evening all!

I'm a little late in posting today as I completely forgot to schedule my post last night and had to wait til I came home from work, so here it is.
It's friday again and time for another challenge on the Alphabet Challenge Blog!
I really enjoyed seeing all your handmade flowers over the past fortnight but we're up to I and the lovely Roxx chose the fantastically fun theme of...

I for Ice Cream!

How cool is that??!!  Sorry, couldn't resist the pun! lol!

So here's my card:


I made a twisted easel card and used the base of the card as an ice-cream cone.  I used my scorboard to add the embossed pattern of the cone.  I then die-cut 3 different coloured circles out of card for the ice-cream - I embossed the mango flavoured scoop with a cuttlebug folder and heat embossed around the edges of the mint flavoured scoop.  The raspberry flavoured scoop looked yummy just as it was.  And a charm was added as the cherry on top!

 

The papers are Pink Petticoat Pinstripes in Sassy and the sentiments are Kraftin Kimmie - I snipped the rubber between the words so as I could curve the phrase around the circle and I stamped it with versamark for a watermark effect.  The other one is stamped with a chalk ink.


I used a Stampin' Up! pendant punch and the smallest spellbinder circle die to cut out the shapes for the smaller cones.  I added some of my ancient peel-offs for the wording.


The inside uses the same elements and a place to write your own message.


You'll see lots more fantastic ice-cream themed inspiration from the rest of the DT on the Alphabet Challenge Blog - I can't wait to see your entry! :P

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Crafty Boots; Anything goes
Crafty Creations Challenges; Circles
Crafty Ribbons Challenge; Easel Cards
Divas By Design; Anything goes
Fab N Funky Challenges; Celebrations
Oldie But A Goodie; Anything goes
Pixie Challenge; Summer
Southern Girls Challenge; Diecuts
Totally Papercrafts Challenge; Folds, folds and more folds


Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Fab card Sheena, yummy ice cream! xx

Vicky said...

Lovely original idea, great bright colours. Thanks for joining us with our celebrations challenge at Fab'n'Funky

hugs Vicky x x x

Sarah said...

Hi Sheena, what a fabulous idea and a brilliant card. So very unusual and lovely colours.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a clever card, I love how you made the cone and three scoops into a twisted easel card.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Mrs F said...

Lovely ice cream card, great for the challenge. Love the little cherry embellishment.

Have a great day xx

Rach83 said...

Wow, what a fab idea! Love your ice cream layout and bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back to play again soon.

Rachel x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Eva Marie said...

Gorgeous card! It gets me a summer feeling
Thanks for joining us at SGC
xx