Top O The Morning To Ye!

Friday 9 March 2012

Good morning everyone!

Yep, it's that time again, when I post early on a friday morning, which can mean only one thing..

It's Alphabet Challenge Blog time!

We're up to the letter C and it was my turn to choose the theme.  I noticed what date the challenge would be on, and as the Irish representative of the team, I had to go for...

C for Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day!
Or you can do a good luck card instead if you want!

So here's my card...


 The images are from The Paper Shelter.  I've coloured them with the following copics - Skin; E21,13,00,0000,R20.  Hair; YR07,04,02.  Clothes; G17,16,14,85,82,21,Y08,06,02,100,C9,7. Grass; YG17,13,11.  Shamrocks;YG07,05,03.  Pot; V17,15,12.  And all the same colours were used for the castle scene.


The floral paper is K & Co and I'm afraid I don't know where the green spotty paper is from but I wish I did cos I love it!  The spots are flocked so the texture is fantastic!
The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps and I punched it out with a Stampin' Up! word punch using a technique I think I saw on Pinterest (only, I can't find it now) cos the phrase was too long for the punch, brilliant!


I made the Leprechaun sit out from the card by attaching him to a spring that I made out of two strips of card.
The cluster of shamrocks were made using Spellbinder heart dies.
The mushrooms, shamrock charm and flowers are from my stash.


I also made it a deep easel card so as it would close over the mushrooms which are quite bulky for the inside.  It needs a little tweeking, but it sort of works.


So that's my Paddy's Day card.  Why not head over to the Alphabet Challenge Blog to see some fabulous creations from the rest of the DT, including some for Saint Patrick's Day and some for Good Luck.

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

10 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

What a great fun card! Zo xx

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Mrs D as always. I have to go and make a card for my great nephew Eamon who will be 7 on St Paddy's day. Anne x

kim said...

Hi.
I saw your card on a blog, and just wanted to say that i LOOOOOOVE this card. It makes me happy when i look at it!
We dont celebrate st patricks day here in Holland, but this card would be GREAT to give as a good luck card to dear friends. (its to beautiful to send it to someone who won't appreciate it as much as close friends)

So, thank you again for making this card and posting it online, so other people can enjoy it :)

Hugs, Kim

coops said...

wow this is stunning sheena.great shape and i love the scene you`ve created ;D

xx coops xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous card - I've nominated you for something so pop over to mine and see! Zo xx

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Fab card - lovely colours, sentiment, and all done with a little whimsy :0) I, too, have a bit Irish blood in me - it seems to have skipped a couple of generations and landed in me full force, but I don't mind - I embrace it! Happy St Patrick's Day to you - Deb x

Neet said...

That is one fabulous card. Love it, so cute, so much fun and so colourful.
(My email addie is on my side bar - can you please contact me)
Hugs, Neet x

Cazro said...

Hi Sheena, I've popped over from the main blog to say how much I admire your card. It is so intricate, full of interest and detail. It's blooming fantastic. From fellow team mate at Alphabet Challenge Caz

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card, it's so colourful. I adore the little toadstools, they are very cute. I would be interested to see the technique you mention if you could find it in the future.

Have a good weekend, Rach xx

Lou said...

Oh wow Fabulous Card, the colouring is amazing just love the castle', really really wonderful Hugs Lou x