Rock Out At A Christening!

Friday 24 July 2015

 Hi everyone, I hope!

I'm off on holidays at the moment and I thought I wasn't going to be able to get this posted as my internet/computer are doing my head in!  I'm not sure what the problem is but most of the time, when I log on, the browser won't open any pages for me.  The computer seems to be doing updates and things OK so I don't know what the problem is.  I tried 3 different browsers and they were all the same.  I had just about given up but decided to check one more time and it seems to be working now.  Typical when it's now 11:30pm, I'm heading off first thing in the morning, and I still need to pack!
So, owing to that, this scheduled post is going to be short and sweet!

We have a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog today and it is...

L for Lavender!

What do you do when your Rocker brother is having his son christened?  You make a Metallica themed Christening card of course!  Here's what I did:


I actually made this card a while back and for the life of me, I don't know what I did with the details for it, but I suppose that's a good thing as I haven't got time to write them out now! lol!
I know the image is by Mo's Digital Pencil and I coloured him with copics.

The papers are by Pink Petticoat, again, I'm not sure which colour pack they're from.  They look kinda blue til you see the blue guitar beside it, then they look kinda lavender!  I think they look blue-er in the photo's too :/
I used a selection of Spellbinder dies and some fonts that I got for free from the net.  I particularly like the Metallica font that I used to spell Noah!  I added a little cross cos it's a christening card, ie: it's holy and also in homage to the Master Of Puppets album by Metallica!


The inside just features some of the same papers as the front and a LOTV sentiment stamp.


That's my card, I hope you liked it!  I hope you can join us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog for this challenge sometime in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

2 comments:

JayBe said...

What a fabulous design, Sheena - and great sentiment too.
Hugz, Jan xx

coops said...

stunning christening card sheena.i love the design and blue colours and the image is fabulous ;D



xx coops xx