Thanks

Wednesday 20 August 2014

 Hi everyone!

I can't get over how cold it has gotten this week - a few weeks ago I thought I'd never feel cold again, now I can't get warmed!  There's no pleasing me, I tell ye!  A happy medium would be nice - I don't think we should be turning the heating back on in the middle of August!  It's meant to still be summer!  Ah well, not long now til the long dark nights with the rain beating off the windows and the wind howling through the trees - I must admit, I do enjoy sitting in the house, warm and cosy, listening to that.  I think it's because I'm a winter baby.

I'm back with another one that's a few days late, we have a challenge running on the Alphabet Challenge Blog and we're up to the letter N and it was my turn to choose the theme so I chose...

Natural

Use things that are natural like wood, feathers, real flowers (not paper ones) things like that.

Here's what I did


The natural things on my card are all bunched together, I've got feathers, skeleton leaves, dried flowers and leaves and raffia.


The papers I have used are First Edition, Desert Blooms and the sentiment is a stamp from My Sentiments Exactly.  I stamped it onto cream hammered card which I also punched the edge with a Martha Stewart border punch.  The paper has glittered elements on it and the cream feather is also glittered so there's a lovely sparkle off it!


For the inside I repeated the layout from the front but I only used one skeleton leaf this time.


So that's it, I hope you can join us over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Challenges; Anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity; Something old - the dried flowers are one of the first things I bought when I started crafting and this is the first time I've used them!
Craft For The Craic; Something not used before - the dried flowers
Crafty Creations Challenges; Something old - the dried flowers
Crafty Girls Challenges; Anything goes
Creative Fingers Challenges; Anything goes
Delightful Challenges ; 1,2,Punch
Moving Along With The Times; Vintage

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

10 comments:

Wendy L said...

This is so beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Sheena.
Gr Elly

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning! I love the gorgeous embellishments. A fabulous idea.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Love love love this composition, the layers,colors everything about it.
Thank you for joining us for this months challenge. Sylvie Craft for the Craic DT

michele said...

Fabulous card Sheena :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Pixie Flutterby said...

Gorgeous backing paper and the embellishments are put together beautifully
Thank you for entering this in Craft for the Craic's challenge
Pixie (DT Member)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card , thank you for joining us at Creative fingers with our anything goes challenge. Hugs Tania (DT)xx

Lozzy said...

What a gorgeous card, love the colour and the beautiful embellishments...Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine for this months challenge and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a fantastic "thanks" card you have made that fits in well with the Bearly Mine Challenge this month of “Anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

Anonymous said...

The natural elements are stunning. This card is quite original. Well done.
-Steph's Stamping Studio