A New Year Wedding

Monday, 7 March 2011

My cousin got married on new years day, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the wedding as I had the dreaded flu but from the pictures I saw, it was a beautiful wedding!

I did make a couple of cards for her though, my mum asked me to make one and this is what I did..

Photobucket

I used the beautiful wedding couple stamp from Lili of the Valley. The "congratulations" and the swirl are both from a Stampin' Up! set, which I glittered with a clear stardust pen.

Photobucket

I used a patterned vellum and it muted the moss green of the mat nicely. I added some moss green satin ribbon and ruffled it onto hi-tack tape. I added a couple of diamante flowers onto name and date sentiments for a bit of bling.

Photobucket

My mum wanted a pocket on the inside so I used a border punch and the same ribbon from the front, and a couple of nestie shapes to match as well.

Photobucket

This is the card I made from myself..

Photobucket

I absolutely love this happy couple digi stamp from Tiddly Inks, but I think I've used it enough for a while! lol

Photobucket

The paper I used is My Minds Eye, Life Stories. I printed the letters out, cut them up and distressed them with distress inks. I added a few adhesive pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts to the corners.

Photobucket

I used an element from the My Minds Eye set in the inside over a Stampin' Up! stamped swirl.

Photobucket

These cards fit the following challenges;
Alphabet Challenge Blog - R for Ribbon
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Lucky Duck
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Going Green
Tiddly Inks Challenge - Colour Me
Totally Gorjuss - Sketch (the second card)
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes.

I hope you liked it, thanks for looking!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Kat said...

Beautiful cards Sheena. Love how you've used Net's sketch for the second card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

mforquer said...

These are both gorgeous! I love that Tiddly Inks card - the colors are just gorgeous and love how you colored the bride and groom!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!
Hugs,
M

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Your card is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week a Tiddly Inks!
Marlena:)

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Tracy (Jedi) said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

glitzygirl said...

What a beautiful card, lovely LO. Great use of the ribbon. thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

femke said...

cute card!!! love that image a lot. thank you for joining us at tiddly inks this week.

greetings femke

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!! Super elegant, funky and fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TI this week!!

Hugs!

Caz said...

Lovely bright and colourful card, thanks for joining us on Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog.
Caz
x

Loopylou. said...

cute card sheena, love the letters down the side, thank you for joining the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xx

Aussieleigh said...

I love how you have colored that Tiddlyinks wedding couple...I'm sure the happy couple will really appreciate the cards you have made. just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week

Larissa said...

Both your cards are fabulous! Your colouring on the Ti bride and groom is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

Hugs,
Larissa

Katalytic said...

Fabulous cards, love the green one

Karita said...

WOW! :)
Both your cards are wonderful!
Nice works and great card designs!

Thanks for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita