A Christmas Baby

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

One of my friends from the MAC forum had a lovely christmas surprise when her first baby arrived a little early! So, I was actually quite quick in making her a card in the middle of January - quick for me anyway lol!

This is what I made

Photobucket

I printed the weight of the baby onto card and then positioned a forever friends stamp on it so it could be read on the bundle. I then coloured it with copics.

Photobucket

I used Pink Petticoat "Gingham" and "Stripes" paper and used my new Spellbinders Grand Calibur to pass the whole card through to cut the aperture (I love that I can do that now!) and attached the ff bear with some chain and jump rings.
I made a canopy at the top using a piece of plain card. I punched the edge with a scalloped Stampin' Up! punch, scored and folded. I covered it with paper to match the rest of the card and tied a bit of ribbon at the top.
I attached a selection of charms with silver coloured chain and jump rings.
I printed out "Welcome Baby" spacing the letters so I could cut them out with a circle punch and attached them to the card, some of the letters are raised with foam pads for a bit more depth.

Photobucket

I added a ribbon to the bottom and wove it through a fancy tag with the baby's name on it.

Photobucket

On the inside, I put the date of birth on the back of the image in the aperture and more of the pink petticoat paper to compliment the front.

Photobucket

I then made a matching box to keep it in

Photobucket

I also made a gift bag to match

Photobucket

I shall attempt a tutorial for the bag next week!

Photobucket

This card fits the following challenges;
Alphabet Challenge Blog - S for Stripes
Copic Creations - We've Got The Blues
Crafty Creations - Baby Blue
Oldie But A Goodie - For A Baby
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Crafts - Dieing To Punch It Out.

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Andria said...

Fantastic giftset, gorgeous.

Laura said...

As the lucky lady who received it I thought I had better comment! The poor postman had to knock on our door nearly every day for that first month or so and we had some wonderful presents and gorgeous cards but this was just amazing! The care and time that must have gone in to it doesn't 'bear' thinking about (sorry!) - I just sat and looked at the card for ages, it really is amazing, so amazing I didn't actually put it up on display because I was frightened of one of the cats damaging it! Instead it lived in its box and came out to show visitors when they came!!!

Thank you SO much Sheena - and for the lovely gift too, I am still working through my list of thank you cards, a couple a day now that the christening invitations are done! You will get one eventually! xxx

glitzygirl said...

Wow, just gorgeous. Looks like you put a lot of effort into this card and it shows. Lovely stripey background. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Rose said...

Ahhh . . . your bear is sweet! You've made him look beautiful wrapped in blues. Your projects are stunning! So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Francesca said...

A really beautiful baby card

Thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE this time and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Fleur said...

Wow!!!! what a fantastic, stunning card & bag,
Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx

Annie said...

such a beautiful baby card and I love the hanging image and all those charms. thank you for joining in my baby challenge on the Oldie but a Goodie blog.
hugs, annie x

Diamond-Sky said...

gorgeous, love the canopy idea xxxx

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Hi Sheena, what a beautiful gift for your friend's baby! You did a wonderful job and I'm sure she was thrilled with it. (I know I would be.) Thanks for joining our Copic Creations "Blues" challenge.